top of page


Access and Culvert Permits

If you are constructing a new driveway in Clinton County along a county or township road, you are required to obtain an Access Permit before construction.  The Engineer's Office will evaluate the proposed drive site prior to construction to ensure the driveway will be positioned in a safe location.

The Engineer's Office will also issue a culvert permit if you are constructing a new driveway along a county road or on a township road in Adams, Chester, Green, Marion, Richland, Union, Vernon or Washington Townships.  The Engineer's Office will determine the specifications for the installation of the culvert pipe (size, length, material, etc.).  Permits in Clark, Jefferson, Liberty, Wayne or Wilson Townships need to be approved by the Township Trustees directly.  (See Townships tab for names and addresses of trustees in these townships).

Culverts installed without a permit, are subject to removal at the property owners expense. 

Permits can be obtained by contacting the Engineer's Office.  There is no charge for culvert permits and access permit fees are minimal and charged according to volume of traffic expected on the proposed driveway.  The permit fee for a typical residential driveway is $20.  Permits are usually issued within a week of receiving the request, weather permitting.  Permits can be issued in conjunction with the house number request (see 'Forms' page for house number request).

Right-of-Way Permit

Right-of-Way Permits are required for approval of any work being done within the county or township right-of-way before any work is started.  Please complete the form, and submit with plans.  Forms and drawings may be emailed to the Engineer's Office, attention Gary Smith,, or fax to (937) 382-5318.

Moving Permit  (overloaded and oversized vehicles)

Applicants should read hauling permit limitations to ensure they have a complete understanding of the liability, responsibility and requirements before applying for a moving permit to move items over the legal width, height, or weight on county and/or township roads.  Please complete the  form and mail to the Engineer's Office or fax to (937) 382-5318.

Access & Driveway Permits

Adam Fricke

Right-of-Way Permits &
Moving Permits

(click here for fee schedule)

Gary Smith

bottom of page